Saturday, June 30, 2012

Who Our Daddy Is...

So today my girls had their first dance class.  I was so excited to take them this morning, however getting there was going to be a little different then what we were used to.  We were going to have to take two city buses as opposed to just hopping in our car and zipping off.  Needless to say my girls were way more excited about it then I was because they have done this before with grandma. Twice before actually, so now they are pro's. It's been about 13 yrs since I've been on any kind of public transportation.  So they were more than happy to guide me in case I got lost or turned around. Lol!!

My father has been a bus driver for the NYC Transit Authority for over 30 years.  He is highly respected and well known amongst his peers.  I find that when I get on the bus there is this certain attitude that automatically overtakes me.  I feel more confident. I feel like the bus drivers need to be nice and respectful to me because if not I'll be sure and let my daddy know.  I feel like a person of importance because of who he is and because  of my relation to him.

I found myself somewhat surprised by this attitude only because up until the bus pulled up I had been nervous about traveling by myself with my girls.  But as soon as those doors opened and I saw the familiar uniform, there came the confidence.  I started thinking about this in regards to my heavenly Daddy.  What attitude should I have because of my relationship to Him?

I should have an attitude that reflects confidence.  I should have an attitude that says, you know what it doesn't matter what you do or say to me, my Daddy will take care of it.  I should feel like a person of importance.  Because of Who My Daddy Is!

Now I'm not talking about Arrogance or Pride.  I'm talking about a Confident Lifestyle.  My confidence on the bus comes from my knowledge of who my earthly daddy is.  The knowledge of his reputation as a trustworthy and respectable employee and person.  I know his characteristics.  I know his nature.  I know his ways.   

Now as we get to know our Heavenly Daddy and understand His ways, His nature, His truths this same confidence will automatically overtake us. I mean I'm talking about Our Daddy who owns all the cattle on a thousand hills.  So we know our provision is Set.  I'm talking about Our Daddy Who says that by His stripes we are healed.  So we know we don't have to accept a single diagnosis of anything that comes our way.  I'm talking about Our Daddy who says that His mercies are new every morning.  So we know that just because we didn't get it right yesterday My Daddy in His love, gives me the opportunity to try again.  I'm talking about Our Daddy who says He orders our steps and knows the plans He has for us.  So we don't have to tread in fear because He will use it all to His glory as long as we surrender.  I'm talking about Our Daddy who can heal with one touch of the hem of His garment.  Our Daddy who is our refuge and strength and an ever present help in times of trouble.  I'm talking about our Daddy who speaks and it is done.  Our daddy who conquered hell and the grave.  Our Daddy who took on our sin and suffered a death no words can describe all for the love of you and me.  And we get to call Him Daddy and Abba Father.

What can He not do?  Whom shall we fear?  What should we be worried about?  How can we not be confident in the truth.  In the truth of...

Who Our Daddy Is...

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is some powerful words. I just read it to my Mommy who is sitting here. So many times we let life and the circumstances of it control our emotions, actions and choices. When if we would just remember these truths, we would place that control in His hands. Knowing He already has the answer. Love this - thanks girl!

    Keep 'em coming! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete