Thursday, June 14, 2012

Honesty...

It's been some what of a rough week.  This past Friday, 2 of our really good friends from TN came to visit.  It was a very quick few hour visit while they were in town for a work conference.  It ended much too soon and I miss them dearly.  Then Saturday my grandmother was rushed to the hospital.  She could barely breath and was unable to stand.  Sunday morning started out as a perfect morning in that all four members of our family were ready for church with time to spare.  That like never happens.  Just for us to get downstairs and discover that overnight someone had smashed our car window in.  Then the migraines.  Oh the migraines.  That's actually why I am up right now blogging at 12:10 am.  I've been in bed since 9:30 but can not sleep because of the intensity of this migraine.  I've had one almost everyday this week.  I've found that it's been very difficult to take my thoughts captive.

I think I've said before that this blog is totally the Lords.  I blog only when He releases me too.  This blog has been very healing for me and this is one of those times for honesty.  I write to heal.  It's not my soul desire to have a lot of followers or thousands reading daily.  It's just whatever God wants.  It's only a matter of obedience to me.  This blog was started as a step of faith.  Today that faith feels a little shaken.  God never promised us that anything in this life would be easy.  He just promised to be there every step of the way.  I'm missing a lot of things this week.  It's making for an emotional week.  It's hard when God removes the familiar to launch you into something better.  Especially when the better part doesn't happen immediately.  There's still a little bit more of a processing time before the download of the blessing can be complete.

I can hear the whisper of the Lord saying hold on my child, I am here.  Don't give up.  You are so close.  I've given up so many times before and refuse to let go of the hem of His garment.  I'm just having one of those times where I'm having to fight to believe that this is not forever.  That trials don't come to stay they come to pass.  That He that has started a good work in me is faithful to complete it until the day of Christ Jesus.  That there is no condemnation.  That nothing can separate us from His love.  That I am the head and not the tail.  That I'm pressed but not crushed, persecuted but not abandoned, struck down but not destroyed.  Remembering 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever. MSG

So I'm letting it go.  I'm going to rest in His promises.  I'm going to rest because I can.  He's given me an exit strategy.  He's given me a get out of the mind jail free card.  It's found in.  Phillipians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  Also in Romans 8:26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.  The battle is not ours, it's the Lords.  His shoulders are better equipped to handle it then mine.  So I think I'm going to let myself off the hook and plop down at the Father's feet and let it all go. 2 Corinthians 3:17 For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.  Then get up and with the grace of the Father Move Forward...

Thanks for listening and allowing me to be Honest.  I'm attaching a song that has always always encouraged me in times like this.  It just reminds me of how much the Father is in love with me.  In love with us.  In everything He does He is screaming that He loves us and this song is just such a great reminder of that.  Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment