Saturday, June 9, 2012

Go Get It (A Personal Conviction)...

So today's blog is going to be a little different.  But I'm realizing it's definitely an act of Courage  This one is about accountability and support for me.  I've struggled with my weight on and off for most of my adult life.  Once I had my girls that catapulted me into pounds  that I never thought I would see.  At my heaviest I was 345 lbs.  Today I'm 316 lbs.  Better but definitely no where near where I should be at 34 years of age and a 5'10" frame.  Health has always been important to me.  I am very cautious with what I allow my kids to have and both have always been a healthy weight.  But I'm realizing that most of their healthy living has been based on a do as I say not as I do situation.  I can and need to do better.

Over the last couple of weeks I've been hit a lot in my spirit with a desire to take care of myself better.  What ever the Lord has purposed for my life it should be a desire of mine to keep myself healthy to achieve every goal He has for me.  I don't want to limit myself because of my packaging. I want to go where ever and do whatever the Lord desires  for me.
For my family I want to be an example.  My oldest knows that I'm obese and she's always making comments that let me know that she is concerned about my well being.  I don't want to cause my kids to ever worry.  But I know that they are concerned for me.  Also I  miss out on so much because of my weight.  I don't take pics with them as often as I should because I'm not happy with the way that I look.  They run and play and jump and I can't.  I'm tired of that.  I'm 34 and desire an active life with my family.
On top of that my weight has started affecting my health in many different areas.  From blood pressure to inflammation to swelling and an increase in migraines.  I'm done.  I'm tired of being robbed of life and living it to the fullest.  So it's time to start making some changes.
Hence why I'm blogging about it.  I said in the beginning of this blog I wanted accountability and support.  Every 2 wks I will post an update as to my progress.  Once a month I will post a new pic for you to see my progress.  If you don't see a post from me I plan to hear from you about it. =^)  Now don't go into attack mode on me.  This is a process and not the easiest thing to do.  But I'm determined to succeed.  I've always said I want to be my most fit and healthiest by the time I'm 40.  I will be 35 next month.  The time is now.
For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right. Psalm 84:11.  I'm standing on God's promises for my life.  I am trusting that God will honor my heart's desire in this and help me achieve my goal of a healthier life.  Understand my goal is not to get skinny.  It's for a healthier life. I'm pursuing health first.  The weight loss is an added bonus.
Here's a pic of me of me at my current weight of 316 lbs.  Along with 3 of my reasons for giving it my all.  My family.  With God's help, my dedication, my family and your prayers and support this will be my last pic posted at 316 lbs.  Whoo hoo!!  
Also anyone who wants to go for this with me I welcome you to join me.  We can support each other and pray each other through this.  
Go Get It...


No comments:

Post a Comment